Recipe of the week!
Meringue Kisses are a delicious airy dessert with many types of variations, it is really simple & quick to make which require only a few ingredients that you can easily find in your home. Also please remember, egg whites beat best if at room temperature.
Eggs Whites – 60gms
Castor Sugar – 120 gms
Essence – 1 gm(any flavour)
Color(Chef master) – 1 gm
- Separate the egg whites from yolks(yellow part), make sure no yolk slips into the whites. Yolk contains fat; and the fat whill prevent the whites from beating into a good volume frothy mix.
- Let the egg whites stand at room temperature for 20 minutes after separating, because they whip to a greater volume at room temp than when beaten at a colder temp.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl until it’s frothy, add castor sugar in batches. Gradually beat until sugar is dissolved and soft glossy peaks form.
- Now fold in colour and add your preferred flavor essence.
- Fill in the mix into a piping bag.
- Pipe in desired shapes using different nozzles on the lined trays.
- Dry them on under low temperature of 90°C for 40-60mins or put on oven to dry for 1day (24hours)